Sunday, June 3, 2012

Creative in the kitchen

This morning I was whipping up my normal "herb eggs" that typically consists of, garlic that I have slightly simmered in olive oil, 2 full eggs and 1 egg white (mixed well) and a pinch of salt, pepper and thyme. I scramble them up, serve them with a side of fruit-- this past week fresh cherry's and I'm off to a good start.

Today I thought I would marry my 2 favorite ingredients...eggs and curry, and see what I would get. So I didn't use thyme (I'm out) and instead did a dash of curry and corriander. Voila'! They were, um...fine. BUT...if I had some chorizo, some hash browns and a side of Siracha it could possibly become the best breakfast ever.

The point of this post is that I enjoy cooking, I love trying new flavors but haven't been doing it much lately. If I cook anything I revert back to my same old shit...herb eggs, sweet potatoes, lemon curry chicken. Over and over again. Hopefully this summer will allow me some time to enjoy the farmers markets, eat fresh food and cook more often.

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment